Monday, December 11, 2006


The Christmas spirit, I think is sssssllllllooooowwwwwlllllyyyyyy starting to seep into the house of Ruth (although I still probably won't be sending out cards).

About a month ago, I caught myself saying to my father-in-law "We thought we'd have Christmas dinner for everyone at our house this year!" Granted, there are only 6 of us, plus the boy, so it's not too large of a gathering. As the day looms ever-closer, though, I'm plagued with the thought of "What the hell was I thinking???"


The tree has been finished for about an hour, and the boy has already gotten time out for trying to pull the lights off.



"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...."

2 comments:

Twyla said...

Glad that you're getting in the spirit. I was in the spirit, but now the closer it gets, and the more I have to do, I'm starting to lose the joy of the season. I'm sure I'll get it back, once everything is done and I'm sitting with just the glow of the lights on Christmas Eve.
I've never had Christmas dinner at my house...I always go to someone else's. This year I've been invited to 3 different dinners and I'm going to all of them (Yey! No cooking for me.)...but some year I'd like to have my own.
Oh, and kids and Christmas trees don't mix. I've learned that this year. I seriously have to re-decorate my tree at least once a day...and the cat is even worse. He thinks the ornaments are chew toys...I think he was a dog in a past life or something. LOL
Sorry for the long rambling. :-)

Twyla said...

You've been tagged... :-)