Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Who am I ... or who I am...

Finally, at almost 36 (shudder) I think I'm starting to get a sense of myself and who I was/am meant to be. I only wish I'd come to some of these realizations sooner, instead of wasting so much time worrying about what other's think.

I am a daughter... who is trying to work through the death of both of her parents

I am a sister... who is trying still to figure out why her brother seems to reject her

I am a wife... trying to support my husband as he tries to start a new career

I am a mother... doing my best to raise a son in a troubled world

I am a type II diabetic... still trying to get things back on track after a high-risk pregnancy, and still trying to get over the fact that McDonald's is not considered a food group or included on the food pyramid

I am a Christian... whose faith and belief in God has been shaken violently over the last few years

I could go on, and probably will in a future installment, but right now I (unfortunately) have to get to work.

No comments: