Friday, January 20, 2006

Friday again. The days and weeks and months just seem to meld together. Quite often I find myself having to stop and think for a few seconds to remember what day it is. Or I'm searching for my car keys when I've already been outside and started the car to warm up and defrost before I leave for work. Friends with children call it 'Mommy brain'. I don't like it. I've never been (I don't think, others may disagree) a scatter-brained type of person... and I don't want to be now, although I don't seem to have any control over it.

I've been passed over for the 2 positions in other departments that I applied and interviewed for at the house of insurance. Both times I made it to the final round of interviews, and both times it was the same song and dance when I got the bad news... "You have all of the qualifications we're looking for, you're a strong candidate, it was a hard decision, if we had 2 positions open you'd definitely get one of them" blah, blah, blah. How irritating. Don't try to placate me. Just rip the bandage off and give me the bad news, and we can both be on our way. So I'm stuck with the Sultan of Stupid (my new nickname for the boss-man) for the forseeable future. God help me. The woman that sits in the cubicle behind me has been looking for a new car this week, because the transmission on her car went out. Is the world coming to an end? If you ask her, she'd say yes...

K has just 2 weeks of work left before the vile manufacturing plant shuts down. He's excited... about not having to work at the job any longer (can't blame him for that), about going back to school, all of it. He'll get unemployment while he's in school, but it will be tight financially. I try not to think about it because it makes me nauseous. I'm all for selling the house and moving into an apartment until he's through school and into another job, but he won't go for it.

That's all for now... I promise more interesting and exciting things later, on topics that may include but are not limited to............ adoption.............. the movie 'Sideways' ................ the book The Kid by Dan Savage ............. and possibly some useless trivia................

2 comments:

welshwitch36 said...

Sorry to hear you didn't get the jobs you went for - I'm sure something else will turn up soon
:-)

T. Paulina said...

No, you're not scatterbrained... nuts but not scatterbrained. LOL Sounds like we need to tape the lady behind you into her cubicle so she can't get out... LOL