Saturday, January 14, 2006

10 songs I like to listen to while on the treadmill (in no particular order)

I enjoy listening to all different kinds of music. I know everyone says that, but for me it's really true. On my iPod you will find everything from Sting, to La Boehme, to Dave Matthews (of course!), to Nina Simone, to Missy Elliot, to Bruce Springsteen, to Yo Yo Ma, to the Fired Up! 2 dance mix cd's I ordered from a television add (is that sad?). My workout music needs to be kicky. It needs to have a beat that inspires me to move and sweat. So for anyone who might be interested, these are the songs I find myself listening to most often when I actually get a chance to hop on the treadmill and go for a walk:

1) It's Raining Men (The Weather Girls)
2) Turn the Beat Around (Gloria Estefan)
3) Bbizarre Love Triangle (New Order)
4) Woman Trouble (Artful Dodger)
(3 & 4 - love, love, love the British music...)
5) I Will Survive (possibly the best song of the disco era) (Gloria Gayner )
6) Heatwave (Martha and the Vandellas)
7) Like a Prayer (you always have to have some Madonna) (Madonna)
8) Groove is in the Heart (Dee-Lite)
9) Miss Independent (Hani Radio Edit) (Kelly Clarkson)
(never thought I'd have a Kelly Clarkson song on any list I made, but there you have it)
10) I Like it (Like That) (radio edit) (The Blackout Allstars)

And an extra for good measure..........................

11) Got to be Real (Cheryl Lynn)

No comments: