Saturday, March 08, 2008

We're snowed in!!!

I think in the last 36 hours we've received a total of approximately 12 - 15 inches of snow. From late last night until 4pm EST this afternoon, we actually had a blizzard warning in effect, and had winds going up to 30 MPH. The deepest drift we were able to measure in our backyard was 22 inches.




This used to be my '03 Saturn Ion. What a bitch this is going to be to dig out tomorrow. I feel it's important to note that there are 4-5 houses within sight distance of our house that use snow blowers on their driveways, including the two houses across the street that you can see in this picture. Do they ever offer to clear of their neighbor's drives, though? No. Selfish bastards.





Snow overhang on the back of our house



Send help soon!


The boy's first snowman

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got about the same amount of snow we got, but the sun is out and it's melting just a bit. Tomorrow should melt more, but I doubt we'll be in school 'til Tuesday.

T. Paulina said...

snow... snow.... and more snow... but you got more than we did.

knowing how the ravines are in the county I work in... I won't be back to school until Spring...

Twyla said...

I am in shock! You have snow and I don't. LOL Keep it there. :-)

apt said...

You lucky.

It snowed here and it was gone in less than a full day.,

Hmmph

Crunchy said...

Love that overhang! The way the lines flow......
Send it back this way please. We need a bit more moisture out here.
Boy's snowman looks great! Good, wet, heavy snow, perfect for snowballs and snowmen. Not champagne powder meant for sking. Blech.
Have fun digging out!

Lori said...

Yup, late again... my computer kicked the bucked and I'm stealing some time on the husband's....

Can't say that I miss that stuff. Kinda' glad I left that behind when I moved. :o)

We got a little bit of snow in my area that day - enough to cover the grass - it was enough to shut the town down. Mad panic at the grocery, bread & milk bought out, you name it, people were getting ready for a blizzard. Over 2" of snow. It's amusing and so totally embarassing at the same time.