Thursday, December 20, 2007

Crabby, middle-of-the-night post...


Hold onto your seats.


It's 12:45 am, which I suppose isn't really all that late, but for me it is, as I am usually in bed by 9pm.

I can't sleep. Really, we were all awakened about an hour ago by the precious little boy having a bad dream, and he's calm and back to sleep now, but I can't get back to sleep because of the husband's snoring. But I'm not going to go there right now.


I probably shouldn't be blogging, because I have nothing at all good or witty to say, but here I am.


I've been sick, of course, with a sinus/ear infection. Now that W.T. is in preschool, he is of course bringing home every germ in a one-mile radius.


And isn't the picture above wonderful? I know I'm biased, but it's so wonderful it just breaks my heart when I look at it. My precious little boy's first picture with Santa. We tried to take him about 2 years ago, but he was spooked by the whole thing and cried, so we didn't force it. This year was the magic year, though. And guess who got to experience my son's first visit with Santa?


My fucking in-laws, that's who. Oh, they meant well. They always do. To the husband, "Bring him over this afternoon (earlier today) and we'll take him to the mall to look at Christmas decorations and all that, and you can have some free time..." I told him on the phone when he told me this (because, of course, I was at work) to please ask them NOT to take W.T. to see Santa, as I would really like to be there for that, being the first time and all... or to let me know if their plan was to take him to see Santa, and I would take the afternoon off and we could all go together, but he didn't.


"I didn't really have the chance to say anything to them about it..."


Oh bullshit. You don't have the balls to say anything to them.


I think the snoring has finally stopped. I'm going to try to go back to sleep now...

1 comment:

T. Paulina said...

OH NO! I'd have probably hurt him! I don't blame you at all...