Friday, October 12, 2007

It is Friday afternoon.

I'm at work.

I'm bored.

I have spent my day

1) working on a report that isn't due until next Wednesday
2) searching for a new hairstyle on thehairstyler.com (I'm going directly from work to get my hair cut today - yay!)
4) checking my e-mail

I am in love with http://www.thehairstyler.com/... mostly. I discovered it several years ago. To get to the really good stuff, you have to pay a fee - $9.95 USD for a 3-month membership. With this, you can (if you choose) upload a photo to try out hairstyles on, or you can search their model faces for one that fits your face-shape and skin tone. You can also enter information on your hair type, density, elasticity, and on and on, and it will pull selections that would best suit you, including celebrity hairstyles that match. This is where I start to question their judgement, though. Thus far, my celebrity hairstyle matches have included: Glenn Close (eh), Sharon Stone (not bad again), Angela Lansbury (old!), Ann Robinson (old and scary, from the picture they show!), Kathy Bates (not as old as Angela Lansbury and Ann Robinson, but still), and Judy Sheindlin (Judge Judy!!). Is someone trying to tell me it's time to face my age, or just that I have bad hair?

Either way, it's just a little cruel.

No comments: