Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Strange Encounter With My Father-in-Law number ????

Maybe I am a prude, and I just don't want to admit it.

The in-laws keep the boy for a few hours every Tuesday afternoon, because my husband has a 3:00pm class that day and there's no way I can get off work early enough to get home to the boy.

I went to pick the boy up this afternoon at the in-laws' place. It was a beautiful afternoon, so we were sitting on their back patio, which overlooks a small pond that's on the property where their condo is. It's Spring, and we all know that in the Spring, young men's hearts turn to thoughts of love. One female duck, hotly pursued by FOUR male ducks, came waddling around the corner of the building. They got hold of her after a minute and proceeded to have their way. I have to say, I really felt bad for her. It wasn't romantic at all, and they were a little rough. She finally broke away and ran for the pond, jumped in, and started dunking herself over and over.

Which prompted my father-in-law to say (as he was laughing)... "She jumped in the pond to have a douche!"

I'm just not sure how I feel about this...

4 comments:

Crunchy said...

Yeah, I was never really happy for my poor little girl duckies...gang rape just doesn't look like any fun at all.....
What an odd comment from your fil....is that normal from him?

Lori said...

Hehehe, reminds me of how clueless my son-in-law is. We were eating hot dogs at a popular place on the edge of the river a few years ago. It was spring, and he commented "How come all of those ducks are picking on that one duck?" After choking on our hot dogs, we had to explain to him what was going on.

Twyla said...

Wow, I feel a little uncomfortable for you.

T. Paulina said...

...how tacky...

...poor ducky...