Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I really stuck it to the 'man' at the Casa de Insurance yesterday, and told my boss that there was just NO WAY that I was risking life and limb on the ice and snow to make it into the office.  Since they don't see the need to furnish me with a laptop computer, enabling me to work from home on such occasions, they lost out for the day.  I spent the day knitting a FABULOUS scarf, which I would post pictures of, if it weren't for the fact that
 
I CAN'T GET MY DIGITAL CAMERA AND/OR COMPUTER TO UPLOAD PICTURES.
(*gasp*  *sob*)
 
The computer isn't recognizing that something is plugged into one of the USB ports, or something.  I haven't really had a chance to play with it.
 
So, alas, you will have to be patient a little longer.  I will post pictures of both the scarf and my first knitting project, a rather stunning 'cozy' for my iPod, as soon as I can figure out what's wrong with the camera and/or computer.
 
And hopefully I'll have something interesting to say soon, too.

3 comments:

T. Paulina said...

Well I'm glad you stayed home and didn't risk life and limb for the el stupidos at work. Sometimes you just have to tell them to shove it... LOL

Twyla said...

There is nothing more frustrating than when computers don't work properly. I feel like throwing mine out of the window somedays.

Pax Romano said...

Ruth,
Here is where Google can be helpful.

Go to Google and type in the name and make of your camera along with the word, "driver" (ie Kodak DX80 Drivers).

Chances are you will come upon the driver you need, just download it and install it and then plug your camera back in.

Good luck!!!!