Monday, September 25, 2006

I actually pushed past my fear of being attacked (I say that so it comes across jokingly, but I'm not kidding... I rarely take him to the park on my own because I'm afraid someone will jump us and try to take off with him, and I won't be strong enough to stop them... how sad is that...) and took the boy to the park tonight after the husband left for school. It was an absolutely gorgeous day here in Ohio. One of those perfect days - temperature in the low 70's with a breeze, crystal blue sky dotted with fluffy clouds, like the opening shots from 'The Simpsons'. Just wonderful.




For some reason, his tongue is constantly out right now, pressed against his upper lip. It's cute, don't get me wrong, but I'm worried that his little lips are horribly chapped by this, and when I try to put some Burt's Bee's lip balm on him, all he wants to do is lick the tube... yuck.




We met a little girl and her father there. Kelli ("WITH A I, NOT A Y!!" Kelli talked like she were speaking in all capital letters.)was about a year older than the boy, and spoke of herself in the third person. "COME HERE LITTLE BOY, KELLI WANTS TO GO DOWN THE SLIDE WITH YOU!" It was a little odd.



He didn't seem to mind the fact that KELLI WITH A I was bossing him around, until she started poking him. When that started, he stared at her for a second, then said 'Nope!' and went down the slide. That's my boy!



Now we're home to have pizza for supper, because that's what he said he wanted. He's going through a little thing right now - there are times when he'll go for 3-4 days without eating hardly a thing, yet it doesn't seem to affect him. We're in the middle of one of those spells right now, so if pizza is something he'll actually eat, then by all means, pizza it is.

2 comments:

Twyla said...

He sure is a cutie. :-)
My kids have gone through the not eating stage. I swear my oldest was stuck in it for about 2 years. Sometimes she ate kraft dinner every day for weeks. As long as I could get something in her belly, it made me happy.
:-)

T. Paulina said...

Love those pics!!!