Monday, September 18, 2006

Could it be? Who knows...

This just may be the magic key we've been looking for to get the potty training ball rolling. What did parent do before Elmo, I ask you? And what makes it even better is the fact that the potty they show Elmo using is EXACTLY the same potty that the boy has. HALLELUJAH!!! We watched this for the first time yesterday afternoon, Mommy, Daddy and the boy all in the living room together, in front of the tv, as a family. I even brought his potty into the room with us. After seeing Elmo on the potty, the boy ran to his, lifted the lid, and sat down (pants still on, but it's a start). He stayed there through the entire 45 minute show. He got up when it was over, and he was totally soaked, so hey, maybe he's starting to get the idea.

I both love and hate the fact that my life right now seems to be evolving around something like this. That I'm so excited by the fact that he just ran in the room and said to me 'Elmo has a potty! He goes pee pee!'... I just don't know how to feel about that.

A little... Eww, who likes to talk about pee and poo?

A little sad, because he's growing up so quickly... which leads into

... irritated, because I'm missing so much of it, because I have to drag myself everyday into a job that I just CANNOT stand right now, while the husband stays home and does seemingly very little around here (Were it not for the fact that the husband has put NO EFFORT WHATSOEVER into trying to potty train the boy, we'd probably be through it by now. But don't get me started on that. Yes, I'll be the first to admit that I'm completely jealous of the fact that he's home everyday with the boy, and experiencing all these wonderful things with him, and believe-you-me he knows I feel this way...).

Who in the world would've ever thought that all that would come from a simple DVD on potty training?


2 comments:

T. Paulina said...

I'm thrilled you found something to inspire the little one to use the potty... now smack hubby around the head and tell him to get it in gear and potty train the child! LOL

Twyla said...

I've been trying to potty train my youngest daughter for at least 6 months. I'm afraid it's never going to happen.
Good luck with your son. :-)