Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My suspicions have been confirmed. I work with 4 year olds. Since it was announced that I'd be moving to another department, the co-workers in my current department have increasingly been giving me the cold shoulder. Big babies. BUT if they have a question about something (normally because they didn't pay attention when I trained them on certain things), why they're just as sweet as honey when they interrupt me at my desk.

I think I've mentioned this before, but just in case... because my former (thank God!) supervisor is such a putz, I'm working 1/2 days for him and 1/2 days in my new department until the end of the month. This, of course, makes me feel un-productive in both departments, which drives me crazy.

I have fantasies of flipping them the double-bird and telling them all to fuck off when I'm finally able to pack up my desk and move.

Instead, I'm hoping to inflict some guilt by baking up a big basketful of cookies and taking them in on the day I move desks, to thank them for being such a good department to work with.

3 comments:

T. Paulina said...

I like the double bird idea best!

Pax Romano said...

I used to work with four year olds...lucky most of my co-workers today (some of us have known each other for almost 18 years now-GASP-)are a pretty cool bunch HOWEVER, there are a few...how to put this delicately...that seem to be adults trapped in pre-schoolers bodies; honestly, major league cases of arrested development!

I guess that just goes with the territory!

justrose said...

how is everything going ruth? it's been a while!