Monday, November 20, 2006

Humidifier... Pedia-Care Gentle Vapors mentholated vapor plug-in unit... Puff's plus with lotion (not that he'll let you get anywhere near his nose)... Vick's Vapo Rub (for old-times' sake more than anything else)... Pedia-Care cough medicine... butterscotch pudding cups...

Yes, you guessed it, my son has a cold. At least I think that's what it is. About a week ago he woke up with the gross nose, which was gone the next day, but then the cough started. The doctor always says 'It takes anywhere from 7-10 days for a child to get over a cold', and he hasn't been running a fever, so we haven't called back yet. If the cough isn't gone by Friday or Monday, Daddy will be taking him to the doctor. Better him than me, because the child throws a monumental tantrum when you walk into the examining room.

My husband is also in the midst of taking his final exams for this quarter of school - thank God, I can't wait until these classes are over. Him being off work and going to school for two years is going to kill me.

I have much blogging that is waiting to spill out of me, but it will have to wait until the upcoming long weekend. Right now, I must be off to bed, because that upcoming long weekend means I have to be into work early the next two days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. 2 weeks ago, my oldest was sick for almost a week...missed 4 days of school. I thought it was over, but Saturday night it all started again...with the high fever and constant crying. Sunday morning I had to take her to outpatients. Turns out she has an ear infection and sore throat. Yey. She's getting better now though. I'd rather me be sick than the kids...it's much easier to deal with. Hang in there...and enjoy your long weekend when it gets here. :-)

Twyla said...

I just clicked on this again, and it says anonymous posted that. It was me, Twyla. I don't know why it does that. Ever since I switched to Beta, it changes my name to anonymous after a few days...weird.