Saturday, June 02, 2007

"All my life, whenever it comes time to make a decision, I make it and forget about it"

I am a sucker for the claw machines that are packed tightly with cheaped stuffed animals. I have been known to waste a doller or two... or more... if I see something on the top layer that strikes my fancy. I've had pretty good luck with them over the years - a monkey here, an alligator there - but today as I was leaving the grocery store, I couldn't believe what I saw in the machine just outside the exit. What a find! I put in a dollar, which bought me two chances. I got it on the first try, though...









Yes, my friends, that is in fact Harry S Truman, the 33rd president of the United States of America. His tag says that he is one in a collection of twelve of our presidents that have been immortalized as part of the Sugar Loaf line of plush toys from Coinstar Entertainment Services, Inc. The collection includes Richard Nixon - what a coup that would be!! You can bet that I'll be keeping an eye out for him!


Harry will be seeing the sights with me this summer, so be sure to check back often for updates on THE ADVENTURES OF HARRY!

2 comments:

T. Paulina said...

The fellows in the white jackets will be knocking on your door shortly, dear... LOL

Crunchy said...

I have to chuckle at Teresa's comment....
I caught up I think.....I had to snort with laughter...you said "With a 3 year old in tow, there's no time to stop and write down information" regardign your trip to the AF Museum...don't you mean "with a MOM in tow"?
I was IN Hubertucky......on Rittenhouse...and I didn't call you. Smack me would ya?
talk to you later.
Me